Utah passed S.B. 27 in the House and Senate this week, making history for Utah PAs. This legislation has important implications for other PAs across the nation. This legislation is significant, as it:
- Strenghtens healthcare teams
- Expands access to healthcare
- Decreases healthcare costs
- Allows PAs with more than 4,000 hours in a specialty to practice under a physician OR a PA with more than 10,000 hours in that specialty
- Allows PAs with more than 10,000 hours in a specialty to practice independent of a state-mandated physician tether within that specialty
Congratulations to the Utah PAs!